Data Protection Declaration
1. Responsible Party for Data Management and Corporate DPO Contact Data
This data protection information applies to data management by:
PATZINA LOTZ Rechtsanwälte Partnerschaft mbB (hereinafter referred to as Law Firm), Bleichstraße 2-4, 60313 Frankfurt/Main, Germany, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +49 (0)69 – 583021-0, fax: +49 (0)69 – 583021-112 as responsible party.
The Corporate DPO of the Law Firm can be contacted at the aforesaid address or via email@example.com.
2. Capture and Storage of Personal Data and Method and Intended Purpose of Its Use
a) Visiting our website:
When visiting our website at www.patzina-lotz.com, your browser automatically sends information to our website server. That information is temporarily saved in a logfile. In the process, the following information is captured without any action on your part and saved until its automatic deletion:
- IP address of querying computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of file being accessed,
- Website from which access originates (referrer URL),
- Browser and, in certain cases, operating system and name of access provider being used.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring flawless links to our website,
- Facilitating the use of our website,
- System security and stability analyses as well as
- Misc. administrative purposes.
The legal basis for handling your personal data is Art. 6, Sect. 1(1f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Our legitimate interest in this data stems from the aforementioned purposes of data capture. Under no circumstances do we use any captured data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as an individual.
b) Using our contact form:
Whenever you have any questions for us, we provide you with the option of contacting us via a contact form available on our website. This requires input of a valid e-mail address enabling us to determine the original sender of a query and to send a proper response. Any other information is purely voluntary.
All data use for the purpose of contacting us is based on Art. 6, Sect. 1(1a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation as well as your voluntary approval of said data use.
Any of your personal data collected by us regarding use of the aforesaid contact form is automatically deleted following completion of your query.
3. Information Disclosure
Your personal data is not transferred to third parties, except under the following circumstances.
We only transfer your personal data to third parties if:
- You have expressly approved of it pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation,
- Said transfer is required for the purpose of enforcing, exercising or defending legal rights pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation and there is no reason to believe you have an overriding interest warranting protection that would prevent transfer of your data,
- Said transfer is required by law pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1c) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, and
- Said transfer is legally valid and necessary for fulfilling contractual terms with you pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1b) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
These cookies record information obtained from the specific end device being used in each individual case. However, our use of these cookies does not mean that we gain immediate knowledge of your identity.
First off, our use of these cookies serves the purpose of facilitating the use of our offer for you. To this end, we utilize session cookies to keep track of whether you’ve visited individual pages of our website before. These are automatically deleted once you leave our website.
Secondly, in order to further optimize the user-friendliness of our website, we utilize temporary cookies, which are saved on your end device for a specifically defined time period. Once you visit our website again to request our services, our system will automacically recognize you as well as your input and settings, so that you won’t have to repeat any of it.
The third reason we utilize cookies is for the statistical analysis of the use of our website; in other words, to apply this analysis for the purpose of optimizing our web offer for you (see Item 5). These cookies enable our system to automatically recognize you if you have visited our website before. Following a defined period of time, these cookies are automatically deleted on a regular basis.
All data processed by said cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes of protecting our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser so that either no cookies will be saved on your computer or a message will appear prior to a new cookie being created. Bear in mind that complete deactivation of cookies may limit the use of all functions on our website.
5. Plug-Ins and Tools
a) Google Fonts
For consistent font purposes, this website utilizes Google (Web) Fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser downloads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display all the texts and fonts correctly.
In order to do so, your browser must connect with the Google servers. This, in turn, informs Google that your IP address was used for opening our website. The use of Google Fonts serves the purpose of keeping our online service offers consistent in an appealing manner. This presents a legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
If your browser does not support Google Fonts, a standard font is applied by your computer.
For more information on Google Fonts, you can visit https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq as well as the data protection declaration by Google: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. For Opt-Out options, we suggest you visit: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated.
b) Google Maps
Our website utilizes the map service Google Maps, provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
Utilizing the Google Map functions requires saving your IP address. The data is usually transferred to a Google server in the US, where it is stored. This data transfer is outside the range of influence of our website provider.
The use of Google Maps serves the purpose of making our online service offers more appealing and facilitating the search for locations listed on our website. This presents a legitimate interest pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
6. Rights of Persons Affected
You have the following rights:
- Acc. to Art. 15 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request information about the personal data that we process for you. Specifically, you may request information about the purposes of said use, the category your personal data belongs to, categories of recipients whom your data was or will be revealed to, the scheduled duration of storage of your data, any existing right to correction of, deletion of or restriction on the use of your data or objection thereto, any existing right to, the source of any data not collected by us, as well as the existence of any automatic decision-making processes, including profiling, and, where applicable, detailed information related thereto;
- Acc. to Art. 16 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to demand the prompt correction of any inaccurate or incomplete information contained in the personal data stored by us for you;
- Acc. to Art. 17 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to demand the deletion of personal data stored by us for you, in as far as using said data is not essential to the exercise of free speech, the fulfillment of statutory requirements, the public interest or to the assertion, exercise or defense of existing legal claims;
- Acc. to Art. 18 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to request restrictions on the use of your personal data; mainly, in as far as you question the accuracy of the use thereof, you nevertheless reject the deletion of the data in question and we no longer need said data and you still need data for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or in as far as you have appealed the use of said data pursuant to Art. 21 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation;
- Acc. to Art. 20 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to maintain any personal data you provide us with in a structured and machine-readable standard format or to request the transfer of said data to another responsible party;
- Acc. to Art. 7(3) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to revoke your permission for us to process your personal data at any time. Revoking this permission will prevent us from using any more of your personal data in the future;
- Acc. to Art. 77 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to file a complaint with a supervisory authority. Here you can generally turn to the nearest supervisory authority at your general location or workplace, or you can turn to the supervisory authority at the location of our law firm.
7. Right of Appeal
To the degree that your personal data is used by us based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6, Sect. 1(1f) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right under Art. 21 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation to appeal the use of your personal data; provided your appeal is based on reasons stemming from your particular situation at the time or your appeal is based on direct advertising. In case of the latter, you generally have the right to appeal, which we will implement without any special reasons on your part.
If you want use your right of revocation or right of appeal, all you need to do is send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Security
Every visit to our website is subject to SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) security technology in connection with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser, which is usually 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we also offer 128-bit v3 technology. You can tell whether individual pages of our website are encrypted by looking for the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take any other technical or organizational measures suitable and necessary for protecting your data against intentional or unintentional manipulations, against or loss or destruction and against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with the latest developments in technology.
9. Up-to-dateness of This Data Protection Declaration and Changes Thereto
This data protection declaration is valid in its current form and was issued in May 2018.
Based on the ongoing development of our website or on the possibility of changes in legislative or other official requirements, this data protection declaration may be subject to changes. For the most current version of this data protection declaration, you can always visit our website at https://patzina-lotz.com/datenschutz and print it out.