The Legal 500 Germany: Issue 2021 - Frankfurt Metropolitan Region TIER 5
Frankfurt-based law firm PATZINA ⦁ LOTZ is active in litigation and dispute management as well as strategic legal advice. The firm offers a broad range of legal services, with competences ranging from corporate law to commercial and distribution law to labour law. The practice areas of insurance law, tax and corporate law as well as the IT and IP practice have developed particularly strongly recently. In addition to many clients from small and medium-sized businesses, the firm also advises large tax advisors, insurance companies and business consulting firms; various international companies also call on the team’s support. The firm’s regional ties are underlined by a new long-term client relationship with the Federal State of Hesse with a focus on tax matters. Thorsten Lotz and Reinhard Patzina are name partners of the firm, which is appreciated by clients for its ‘excellent service’. The ‘very good corporate lawyer’ Uwe Müllner and the ‘very committed litigator’ Christoph Jonas are also among the firm’s core lawyers. In tax law and criminal tax law, René Matz is an important contact who supports clients.
Thorsten Lotz; Reinhard Patzina
Other core lawyers:
Uwe Müllner; Christoph Jonas; René Matz
- HDI Insurance
- ERGO Group
- Wiesbaden insurance office
- Allianz Insurance
- Zurich Insurance Group
- GENIUS GmbH
- Hiscox AG
- DAT German Automobile Trust GmbH
- YAB Fitness
- Werner Kern Dancing Shoes GmbH
- PIURE GmbH
- Newspaper publisher (minority shareholder): Advice on the sale of the shareholding in the publishing company (total value of the company EUR 20-24 million, value share up to EUR 9.6)
- State of Hesse, represented by the OFD: Litigation for the tax authorities of the State of Hesse. Dr. Reinhard Patzina is currently litigating 27 cases of varying value (EUR 10,000 – EUR 500,000) for the client before the German courts, with the majority of cases being fully won and the fewest settled.
- Non-profit family foundation: Advice on structuring and establishing a family foundation incl. business succession and contribution of foundation assets.
Source: Legalease Ltd.