Thorsten Lotz is one of the founding partners of the law firm PATZINA ⦁ LOTZ Rechtsanwälte.
“Successful litigation and legal consulting for mid-sized businesses nowadays require vast expertise in law fields that didn’t even exist 5 or 10 years ago.”
- Corporate restructuring (corporate & tax law)
- Legal representation of tax advisors and lawyers in professional liability cases
- Legal consulting & representation of directors & board members in D&O proceedings
- Legal assistance for companies, directors & board members in matters of labor law & service contract law
- Remuneration & service procurement law for tax advisors & lawyers
- Litigation experience in the representation of tax advisors and lawyers in significant commercial law cases since 1992.
- Legal representation of directors and board members in service contract and liability law cases since 1997.
- Comprehensive corporate and tax law consulting in corporate restructuring projects and corporate acquisitions/sales.
2010 – present
Merger into law firm PATZINA LOTZ Rechtsanwälte
Founding partner of law firm PATZINA Rechtsanwälte
Partner in major, mid-sized law firm in Frankfurt/Main
2nd State Legal Exam
Ongoing litigation services for tax advisors and major auditing companies against claims of alleged professional mistakes.
Legal assistance and consulting for advisors, lawyers and auditors in the run-up to legal actions aimed at the prevention of future losses for their clients.
Ongoing consulting and litigation services for mid-sized and major mid-sized corporate clients in commercial, corporate and labor law matters.
Matters of remuneration law and professional rights for tax advisors and lawyers.
Thorsten Lotz has (co-)authored numerous publications, including the 5th and most recent edition of the Comments on the German Tax Advisors’ Fee Ordinance (StBVV), W.L. Eckert, published by C.H. Beck in 2013, as well as a treatise on StBVV Sections 10 to 17, along with extensive publications on international tax law (Mr. Lotz specializes in the DBA double tax treaty between Germany and Switzerland.)